Well, that was a waste of time!
I just spent most of today sewing and unpicking (more time spent unpicking of course). I’ve finally started attempting to machine quilt the lion quilt. Most of it has to be done in the ditch (or close enough) so I don’t really have the option to hand quilt – though I still tried after today’s abysmal failure.
I think I’m having tension issues. New needle, changing tension of top thread… doesn’t matter, doesn’t work. I haven’t done much machine quilting, granted, but I’ve never had this sort of problem before. I’m going to give it another go tomorrow and if it’s still bad and the quilt has survived, I think I’ll be looking into places to send it to get it done. What makes this all so much more frustrating, is that if I hadn’t had problems with my machine, I could have gotten all the quilting done today, as there’s not a huge amount to do.
For now, my machine is in time out and I’m going to ignore the quilt for the evening. Here’s hoping tomorrow goes better….